Saturday 11 May 2013

Samsung Galaxy y : Root by Update.zip


  ROOT By Update.zip :               





ROOTING..........

Steps to root the Samsung galaxy y :

  • Download the update. zip file(2.13 mb) for root and place it directly on your SD card, not in any folder. Do not extract it.

  •  Switch off your phone.

  •  Press the Home button, Power button and the Volume Up button and keep holding it until the Samsung logo appears. Now let go of the buttons. You will see that some writings have come in red colour. This is called the Recovery Mode. Your touch screen wont work now. So don't panic if you touch the screen and nothing happens. Only the volume buttons, home button and the power buttons work now. Volume buttons for going up and down. Home button for selecting and Power key for going back to previous screen.

  •  Select 'Apply update from sd card'.

  •  Choose the file that you have downloaded and select yes.

  •  After that you'll be taken to another screen where there will be an option 'Reboot system now'. Select it and be patient and wait for your phone to switch on.

  •  Check your apps and if you see the Superuser app, it means you are rooted. 

  •  Now open it and update the binaries.

29 comments :

  1. thankzd ...for you ......(y)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried various, but none worked. This one works like a charm! Thanks!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. does the sd card get wiped during this process?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why he can't find the zip file. He gives an error on e: i've download the file directly to my sd-card.
    Please sent me a email with the answer. Ollie44@Outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must put update.zip file in your sdcard root folder ie /mnt/sdcard / "here"

      Delete
  5. Does it work to galaxy s6310 ???? plss...reply

    ReplyDelete
  6. have put the zip on my sd card when i apply update from sdcard message appers error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
    status 7
    installation aborted
    any reason behind this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does this work for any other devices?
    Or will it brick other devices?

    ReplyDelete
  8. can u help on my problem?? when im in the part of choosing "update from sd card" no one happens when i choose it .. it goes over and over again

    ReplyDelete
  9. my binary update is failed
    what can i do now??

    ReplyDelete
  10. failed to mount sd card... no such file or directory.... thats what it said... help me on my problem pls.. send me an email on brixcabatingan@gmail.com tnx !! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have opened super user and i get the following message"no apps found"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excuse me Sir, i downloaded the update.zip and apply it to my samsung galaxy y.. but when i rebooted my phone, it still restarting.. What is the problem to my cp..? please answer me sir.. xsosyal_mel17@yahoo.com thats my yahoo account sir.. please help me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU NEED TO FACTORY DATA RESET YOUR PHONE IT MIGHT SOLVE PROBLEM

      Delete
  13. Hi! It seems that I'm having a problem about updating the su binary. I'm a beginner. What should I do?

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey if it is failed what will be happen????

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where can I find the update.zip? sorry, I really don't know where to start since I really don't know where update.zip is. Pls help :) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. it shows installation aborted when i choose updated.zip .

    ReplyDelete
  17. can this work on any android phone?

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi, i have galaxy y, i can't root my android with update.zip, its aborted on recovery mode

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tried but it didnt work. i already factory reset my phone + move the file in sd card but still it didnt work. why is that? pleasse help me. its been 3 days since the last time i used my phone ToT

    ReplyDelete
  20. you simply need to copy file to root directory and update it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Followed your instructions and copied the zip file on the sd card. By pressing the 3 buttons I entered the Android recovery mode.
    Selected the zip file as you describe, after a few seconds the phone said "installed OK".
    Then I went to "reboot now" and it continues rebooting time after time endlessly ever since.
    Had to remove the battery to stop.
    Any suggestions please?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  22. how to download update.zip

    ReplyDelete
  23. Binary update failed, what can i do now ?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Spade Blade Brushed Stainless Steel
    Stainless steel blades from titanium white acrylic paint Spade Blade will give titanium white rocket league you a very close shave with man titanium bracelet ease. This guy tang titanium toner stainless steel blade titanium (iv) oxide will give you a very close shave with less

    ReplyDelete